Breast Augmentation Northwest Spokane, WA
The board-certified plastic surgeons at Plastic Surgery Northwest in Spokane, WA, specialize in breast augmentation for women who want to feel more self-assured and confident. They take the time to truly understand what a woman wants from her procedure so that they can provide the natural-looking results that help her look and feel her best.
Breast Augmentation Candidates
While breast augmentation is one of the most popular procedures we perform, women choose it for a variety of personal reasons including:
- Enlarging breasts that have always seemed too small
- Replacing volume after pregnancy, breastfeeding, or weight loss
- Balancing the size of uneven breasts
- Adding fullness to the upper breasts for more cleavage
Because pregnancy usually affects more than a woman’s breasts, many moms choose to have a mommy makeover, which combines breast augmentation with other procedures such as a tummy tuck and liposuction. In addition to attaining multiple improvements with one surgery, moms appreciate making the most of their downtime with a single recovery period.
Before & After
Your Options for Personalized Results
There are many decisions our Spokane breast augmentation patients must make as part of the planning process for this highly personalized procedure. During your consultation, your surgeon will review the following options and make recommendations:
- Breast implants may be filled with saline or silicone, and come in a range of sizes, shapes, and profiles. Choices include the latest Natrelle® and Sientra® silicone implants (sometimes called “gummy bears”). The implants you choose may make certain incisions and implant placements preferable.
- Incisions can be placed along the breast crease (inframammary incision), along the lower edge of the areola (periareolar incision), or in the underarm (transaxillary incision).
- Implant placement may be under the chest muscle (submuscular placement) or under the breast tissue but on top of the chest muscle (subglandular placement). Our surgeons often use a split muscle technique that reduces distortion when the chest muscle is flexed (called animation deformity) for a natural look.
If you are concerned about breast sagging in addition to size, your surgeon may recommend combining a breast lift with implants.
“Plastic Surgery Northwest has shown me nothing but professional and respectful care. From the patient care coordinator Joleen who was sweet and help answer any initial questions and explained all that was expected, to the care of all the medical assistants who were awesome and made me feel at ease with any concern. And of course Dr. Wheeler who was ready and willing to answer any question and explain any concern I might have about my procedure. He was very professional in his patient care and did an AMAZING job on my procedure. I am very happy with my experience with Plastic Surgery Northwest.”
— Actual patient
Making Your Choices
As part of your consultation, your surgeon will help you choose your breast implants by giving you the opportunity to:
- See simulated images of yourself, created with the advanced VECTRA® 3-D imaging system, with different implant brands, sizes, and other options.
- Hold saline and silicone implants to compare the differences in how they feel and move.
- “Try on” various implant sizes by placing them in a bra under a fitted shirt.
- Look through before-and-after photos of our breast augmentation patients.
Together, you and your surgeon will choose the breast implants that are best suited to your anatomy, aesthetic goals, and personal preferences.
About the Surgery
Breast augmentation is performed as an outpatient procedure in our private, certified surgery center. In most cases, general anesthesia is used. The surgery typically takes 1 to 3 hours to complete.
After making the incisions, the surgeon creates a space, called the pocket, behind each breast for the breast implant. In the case of silicone gel implants, a specialized device called a Keller Funnel™ is used to insert the implants. The Keller Funnel enables the surgeon to use the smallest possible incisions and reduce the chance of infection by inserting the implants without direct contact.
Saline-filled implants are inserted through small incisions, then filled after they are placed in the breast pocket.
After the implants are in place, the surgeon assesses the breast size and shape, and makes any necessary adjustments. Once the desired results are achieved, the incisions are closed with dissolvable sutures and covered with surgical tape.
Recovery & Results
Our breast augmentation patients usually go home the day of surgery. You will need friend or family member to drive you home and help care for you for the first few days. Discomfort is usually controlled with prescription oral pain medication.
While experiences vary, you can expect to return to work and normal daily activities after about a week and more strenuous activities in about 3 to 4 weeks. Your breasts may seem firm and high at first, but they will soften and “settle” as swelling subsides, and the skin and muscles relax.
To find out more about breast augmentation and your choices for breast implants in Spokane, WA at Plastic Surgery Northwest, request a consultation online or call (509) 838-1010 to schedule an appointment.
View before-and-after photos of breast augmentation.